In a future Marvel’s Avengers update coming later this year, Jane Foster: The Mighty Thor will be added as a playable hero.
She’s the eleventh Marvel icon to join the roster. Unlike the PlayStation exclusive Spider-Man, she will be made available on all platforms including PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Google Stadia.
– ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW –
We don’t know a whole lot about this latest character, other than she will make her debut in Marvel’s Avengers update 2.5. Developer Crystal Dynamics has said that her design is mainly influenced by the Marvel comics in which she appears, Jane Foster having taken up Thor’s hammer in 2014.
The timing of this announcement is no coincidence. Played by Natalie Portman in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the character makes an appearance at the end of the new trailer for Thor: Love and Thunder.
We’re cautiously optimistic for her arrival in Marvel’s Avengers. On one hand, this could mean more content inspired by the Thor series, perhaps taking players on a voyage across the Nine Realms with a new story arc, new enemies, and a new super villain.
However, the recent Spider-Man DLC was a bit of let down. Although Spidey has the same amount of depth to his skills and moveset as other heroes, he was met with little fanfare. Our big concern with Jane Foster is that her gameplay may simply mimic Thor’s, as both of them can fly and wield Mjolnir as their primary weapon. That said, Crystal Dynamics did a great job differentiating Kate Bishop and Hawkeye despite the two sharing similarities.
Marvel’s Avengers update 2.5 doesn’t have a release date. The developers are currently working on 2.4 which looks to improve the core game by making events more dynamic and rewarding. Here are some of the proposed changes:
- To make each event more unique and worth playing, we’re improving and diversifying rewards across events, with each event now rewarding gear from different sets.
- Adding Unit rewards to a wider variety of event missions to provide even more ways to earn shipments and cosmetic vendor outfits.
- Adding higher power level gear rewards to meta objectives to create another path to gear-up beyond the soft-cap on drops for non-Raid/Omega-Level Threat content.
- Meta objectives will grant rewards to your entire eligible roster, not just a single hero, allowing you to gear up your squad while playing your favourite hero.
Which Avenger could be coming next after Jane Foster? A now-deleted tweet from voice actress, Krizia Bajos, seemingly confirms that She-Hulk will join the game’s roster. Other strong contenders include Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch, tying in nicely with the next big MCU arc when Multiverse of Madness hits cinema screens later this year.
Source: Square Enix
– PAGE CONTINUES BELOW –