Microsoft has rolled out one other Home windows 11 preview construct for Insiders within the Dev and Beta Channel at this time, this time that includes extra fixes and enhancements, in addition to the elimination of some System Tray enhancements. This construct reverts the System Tray to how it’s on the general public model of Home windows 11, that means the spotlight consistency enhancements have been eliminated.
Microsoft says it is doing this in response to suggestions from Insiders, doubtless those that have been sad that the brand new System Tray eliminated the power to tug and drop icons on and off the Taskbar. With the System Tray reverting, the power to tug and drop icons is again. Hopefully, Microsoft is ready to determine how you can maintain drag and drop and make the spotlight results for icons constant sooner or later.
This is the changelog for at this time’s construct:
- On account of suggestions from Home windows Insiders, we now have determined to disable the modifications to the system tray launched in Construct 22581 for now. The system tray and particularly the “Present hidden icons” flyout will now operate the identical approach it did with the unique launch of Home windows 11, together with the power to rearrange icons within the flyout. We hope to carry these modifications again sooner or later after additional refinement of the expertise by addressing a few of the suggestions we now have acquired. As we have talked about beforehand, options we check out within the Dev or Beta Channels could not at all times ship.
- Beforehand, we shared new necessities for web and MSA on the Home windows 11 Professional version. At present, Home windows Insiders on Home windows 11 Professional version will now require MSA and web connectivity throughout the preliminary gadget setup (OOBE) solely when establishing for private use. When you select to setup gadget for Work or Faculty, there is no such thing as a change, and it’ll work the identical approach as earlier than.
- We mounted a difficulty the place efficiency and reliability of explorer.exe might degrade over time, ultimately leading to a bugcheck, within the latest Insider Preview builds.
- We mounted the difficulty inflicting the “Present hidden icons” flyout within the system tray to vanish utterly for some Insiders, though it exhibits as “on” below Settings > Personalization > Taskbar and “Different system tray icons”.
- Mounted a difficulty which was resulting in some apps crashing when urgent the half-width/full-width key whereas utilizing the Japanese IME.
- Mounted a difficulty the place should you tried to open the widgets board utilizing a gesture from the facet of the display screen, you’d see the widgets board open after which instantly shut.
- Mounted a difficulty the place customers have been unable to make use of the swipe performance to reliably invoke Widgets.
- Mounted a difficulty that might trigger Fast Settings to crash when projecting to sure wi-fi units.
- Addressed a difficulty the place utilizing the 3-finger on-screen contact gesture for minimizing might trigger animations to cease working throughout the system.
- Mounted a difficulty impacting DWM reliability in latest flights.
- Mounted a difficulty which was inflicting some apps like Settings to open clean in the event that they have been re-opened an improve or reboot.
- We mounted a difficulty that was inflicting the method checklist to fluctuate between Apps & Background teams when clicking on Effectivity mode from the command bar
- Mounted an underlying challenge which might trigger some textual content in Home windows Sandbox to seem as black packing containers in sure circumstances.
- Mounted a difficulty resulting in Home windows Replace notifications exhibiting they have been despatched from “Home windows.SystemToast.WindowsUpdate.MoNotification” as a substitute of “Home windows Replace”.